LOST ANTIQUE PHOTOGRAPHS - BERG, MUMMERT, DECOURSEY, FRONE, JEWELL, BEACH, CRITCHELL, GROSE

9/05/2022 08:15:00 AM

 I seek to digitally preserve historical photos for others that might be looking for them. When possible I reunite the original copies with descendants, free of charge. Here are more photos in my ever growing collection. 

If any of these are your ancestors please contact me.


Back reads: "I think this was grandpa Berg, Peter Berg."
Location, age of subject, and age of photographer are all accurate for being this Peter BERG.
Purchased in an antique store in Ogden Utah. Taken by L. F. Smith of El Paso, Illinois.


'Ray. Mumertt Nov. 1919 - Ogden Utah'
Possible surname variations: Mummert, Mumert, Mummertt, etc.


'Charles DeCoursey, Duluth Minn.'
I date this photo to 1890-91. Research indicates this is Charles A. DeCOURSEY, husband of Valeria Longtin and father of two. He met an untimely death rushing to his dying brother's bedside. He was run over by a train. His poor mother lost two sons in one week.


'M. L. Frone'
This is Morgan Lewis FRONE. A cigar maker and caterer from Canadaigua New York



'Mrs. Kate Boswell, Menominee Mich'
I believe this is Catherine LYON BOSWELL (1825-1905)


'Minnie and Nettie Jewell'
These are sisters, Nettie Elizabeth JEWELL and Minnie M. JEWELL. Taken ca. 1897-1898. 
I'm not sure which sister is which in this photograph. Though I'm inclined to think the one in white is the elder of the two.


'Amos Beach'
62nd birthday photo of Amos BEACH (1841-1926)


'Brian Critchell'
I would date this to ca. 1890 or so. J. Landy is the photographer. I've included the back of the photograph below which I found unique and interesting:



'Miss Edith Grose 4 years 7 months'
I believe this may be Edith Emily GROSE, daughter of William Martyn GROSE and Anna Maria WOOD


'Alice Grose 1 year 6 months'
I believe this may be Alice Mary GROSE, daughter of William Martyn GROSE and Anna Maria WOOD







0 comments