Marlin High School Latin Club 1930. Marlin, Falls County, Texas.

6/03/2021 06:00:00 AM



As I looked through the names on this photo I realized I'd seen one of them before: Lionel ROBINSON. I purchased his baby photo from a vendor a while back and when I went by again, the same vendor sold me this photo. Lionel is marked with an x above his head. It turns out that he died the year this was taken at age 15. Death was due to Agranulocytic Angina - an infection associated with an extreme reduction of white blood cells. 



Members of the 1930 Marlin High School Latin Club


Second Row: Lucille ROGERS, Vivian NOBLE, Imogene LANGFORD, Celina LeLASSIER (research indicates this is the daughter of Louis LeLASSIER), Maudie KATOOL, Evelyn HANDLEMAN, Hetti Pearl YEAGER, Mary Ruth GARRETT, Sister CARTER


Fourth Row: ?, ?, ?, ?, Marvin RUER, J.C. CHATMAS Jr., Curtis VANN

Fifth Row: William GOODRICH (son of Nicholas and Louise FINKS GOODRICH), Jack WILSON, Richard DONAHOO, Selwyn HUTCHINS, Thomas BARTLETT, Ira DILLARD, Lionel ROBINSON, Roy HARLAN, John MAXWELL

0 comments