LOST ANTIQUE PHOTOGRAPHS - DEAN ALBUM 4 - DEAN, BARNETT, COX, HESTER, SMITH, GRANTHAM, MILLER

8/10/2022 01:24:00 PM

 Click HERE for post 1. Click HERE for post 2. Click HERE for post 3

I seek to digitally preserve historical photos for others that might be looking for them. When possible I reunite the original copies with descendants, free of charge. Here are more photos in my ever growing collection. 

If any of these are your ancestors please contact me.



Identified as 'Jane BARNETT'


Identified as 'Mandy BARNETT'. I've not yet been able to tie any Barnett's into the Dean family tree.


'Billy DEAN'
I believe this may be William Henry DEAN whose wife was Francis MILLER. 
This photo is on the same album page as that of the following photo of 'Frant DEAN'


'Frant DEAN'
This may be Francis MILLER, wife of William Henry DEAN



'Robert DEAN'
The only Robert I've been able to find along these family lines, who might qualify is Robert Hampton DEAN. He was only 19 when he died in 1889, so if this photo is of him, it would had to have been taken within a year or two of 1889


'Dewey HESTER'
I haven't yet found a Dewey Hester from the right time period for this photo.
Sarah Catherine DEAN HESTER had a son named Nathan Dewey HESTER but he was born in 1898 and this photo appears to have been taken much earlier than that.





'Ella GRANTHAM'
This and the below photo were both in the same album space labelled 'Ella GRANTHAM. This photo was atop the other one. I believe this one is more likely to be Ella GRANTHAM, if said Ella Grantham is actually Elizabeth GOODING COX GRANTHAM, wife of 1) Nathan COX and 2) Jesse GRANTHAM


This woman bears quite a resemblance to Della COX, but fashion dates this photo to the late 1870's. Therefore this may be Della's mother, Sarah Ellen SMITH


This photo is unidentified. I believe the man to be Eberly Tea COX. The woman looks very much like Tea's sister, Maggie COX, but I'm not positive that it is her. It might instead be his other sister, Amanda F. COX, wife of George O'Neal CASE. Amanda died in 1880 so this photo would have been taken around that time. I have no photos of Amanda or George to compare this with at present.

0 comments