ANTIQUE EPHEMERA - Richard Lincoln Preece

1/21/2022 06:30:00 AM

These few items were picked up at an antique store in Dallas TX. They pertain to Richard L. PREECE/PRIEST of Texas. 

First is a letter written by Richard's nephew, William Martin PREECE to Richard May 12, 1891. 


Mr. R.L. Preece,

Dear Uncle, I will try and write you a few lines this morning. This leaves me well and hope this will find you all the same. I would have wrote sooner but I have had do much to do I never had time. We have got good crops up here. Corn and oats look well and are having plenty of rain. It's raining today. We have had bad luck with our well drill. We lost the drill in a well about six weeks ago and had to order a new drill. I think that I will sell out here this summer. I have made a trade with a man in New Mexico to go to work at his Ranch to commence between the 1 and 15 of September. I want to sell out to you before I go for I don't know when I will come back. If you think you will want the place let me know and I will try and come down before I leave. Well I must close for this time. Give my love to all. Write soon. I remain as ever, Will Preece

Address Lampasas Texas.


Receipt for payment from Richard L. PREECE to the General Land Office of Austin Texas. Dec. 31, 1891.



Receipt for payment from Richard L. PREECE to Osceola ARCHER, attorney at Law


Receipt given to R. L. PREECE from Dennis CORWIN of the Travis County Treasurer's Office (Ed. ANDERSON) in Austin Texas. Dec. 10, 1892


Receipt from the Office of Collector of Taxes of Travis County Texas. State, School and County Taxes paid by R. L. PREECE for the year 1886. Payments made to W. R. HOBBS, Banyan PAYNE, S.P.R.R. Company. Receipt issued February 11, 1887 by A. R. MORRIS, Collector.


1856 Travis County Texas Tax Receipt issued to Wm. M. PREECE (Richard L. Preece's father). The sum of .99 cents was paid on 320 acres the 11th day of May, 1857. Signed by James T. McLAURIN, Assessor and Collector, Travis County. 


0 comments