LOST ANTIQUE PHOTOS - BRANYON, JOHNSON, WILSON - SOME PHOTO RESTORATIONS

11/29/2022 06:00:00 AM

I seek to digitally preserve historical photos for others that might be looking for them. When possible I reunite the original copies with descendants, free of charge. Here are more photos in my ever growing collection. 

If any of these are your ancestors please contact me.

I picked up this lot of family members in an antique store in Austin recently. I was dismayed by the shape of some of these but hopeful that I could digitally preserve them before further wear and tear. I've determined that the writer who identified these photos was a son or daughter of Francis Monroe BRANYON and Nancy Eppie JOHNSON



"Daughter of Newton BRANYON and a sister to Jim B."
Based on another photo I found of this young woman as a girl I've identified her as





"Daughter of Newton BRANYON"
This is either Martha Idella BRANYON or her sister Beulah Karen BRANYON
Due to the very heavy damage of this tin type I just lightened and cleaned up around her face a bit.




 
"Felix Johnson. Mother's brother. Moore's Ridge Alabama."
I attempted some facial reconstruction to get a better idea of what Felix looked like. 




"Martha Branyon. Dad's only sister."
This is Martha Elizabeth BRANYON. She was Francis Monroe BRANYON's only full blood sister.


I attempted to brighten and clean up this very damaged photo. I also included a scan of the back which I found interesting. 




"Uncle Tom Branyon and 1st wife and child."
This is Thomas Marion BRANYON, his first wife Eliza WILSON, and their oldest child, Lola BRANYON





"Volney Johnson. Mother's brother"
I haven't been able to track Volney down. I've located him in only one census, the 1880 Hico, Fayette, Alabama census. He is listed with his family as Volla JOHNSON.

 

0 comments